- During the last couple of months there has been a significant rise in the amount of brush and bulk items for collection around the City. There are not as many brush and bulk collection vehicles operated daily as there are side-load vehicles; therefore, there are occasions when they are not able to complete collection of brush and bulk items for all of the daily routes. When this occurs, the brush and bulk collection vehicles will begin the following day on the routes that were not completed, then begin the current days’ routes. The Solid Waste Division asks for patience as we continue to work diligently through these delays and commit to completing these routes as soon as possible.
- The Solid Waste Office is open with social distancing practices in place. The public is encouraged to conduct business by phone, email and web to the extent possible.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality solid waste service every day for everyone!
Killeen Drop-Off Recycling Services
The City of Killeen has added two locations to improve recycling convenience for residents. Recycling trailers are at the Clear Creek water tower at 6520 Clear Creek Road Monday trough Friday and near Killeen Rodeo Grounds at 3201 S. WS Young Drive every day.
Recyclers can take all types of paper, #1 and #2 plastics, steel, tin and aluminum cans and cardboard boxes. Details and instructions are printed on the recycling trailers.
Materials not accepted include household garbage, plastics #3 through #7, plastic shopping bags, Styrofoam, wax-lined containers such as milk cartons and juice boxes.
Killeen Recycling Center and Killeen Transfer Station accept the materials listed above as well as used cooking oil, used automotive oil and filters, cell phones and rechargeable batteries. The Recycling Center is located at 111 E. Avenue F and is open Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Transfer Station is located at 12200 State Highway 195 and is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What happens if my container is overloaded?
- What if I need a smaller, larger, or additional container?
- What kind of garbage can I put in the container?
- When do I place my container at curbside for pickup?
- What are my options for excess garbage / rubbish or other bulky items that will not fit in the container?
- What if something happens to my container?
- What if my container is stolen or destroyed?