Sewer Service Lines
Sewer Line Blockage? Call SLWA at 1-833-785-4547
City of Killeen residential sewer service customers now have access to a program for sewer service line repairs in the public right of way (ROW). The City of Killeen has contracted with Service Line Warranties of America* (SLWA) to provide this service.
Who is covered?
- All City of Killeen residential sewer service customers.
When Can I Use This Program?
- The ROW sewer line program began May 1 and is available now.
- There is no limitation on the number of ROW repairs you may have on your property.
What is Covered?
- Repairs related to residential sewer service line issues in the public ROW including: sewer line leaks, permanent blockages, collapses and root intrusions.
What is Not Covered?
- Sewer service line issues located on your private property generally defined as the area between your house and pavement (sidewalk, curb or roadway).
- Commercial properties.
- Properties with five or more dwelling units.
- Damages caused by circumstances other than normal wear and tear.
How Do i Use This Program?
- When you suspect there is an issue with your sewer service line:
- Call SLWA at 1-833-785-4547 to begin the process.
- A crew will be dispatched to determine the location of the issue.
- SLWA will advise you of your next steps.
- If the issue is determined to be in the public ROW, a plumber will be dispatched to make the repair at the discretion and expense of SLWA.
How Do I Help Prevent Sewer Blockages?
- Never flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Never pour fats or greases like cooking oil, melted butter, salad dressing, etc. down the drain.
- Collect used cooking oil and recycle it at Killeen Recycle Center.
- Don't pour food scraps down the drain.