Halloween is Saturday, October 31, and the City of Killeen recommends trick-or-treating door-to-door between the hours of 6 and 8 p.m. Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
Households that wish to distribute candy should turn the front porch lights on to indicate they welcome trick-or-treating. Trick-or-treaters should only approach houses that have porch lights on and should never enter a home or a car for a treat.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the Centers for Disease Control considers door-to-door trick-or-treating a higher risk activity for virus spread. Anyone choosing to participate should observe the following precautions:
- Stay home if you or any member of your group is sick
- Wear a cloth mask (costume masks are not appropriate substitutes for protective masks)
- Keep at least 6 feet socially distanced at all times
- Remain outdoors
- Observe good hygiene by using hand sanitizer and washing hands
- Wash hands and inspect candy before enjoying
Participating houses or venues
- Do not participate if you or any member of your household is sick
- Wear a cloth mask when interacting with trick-or-treaters
- Keep at least 6 feet of distance from trick-or-treaters
- Keep all activities outdoors
- Wash hands frequently when preparing treats and before and after delivering them
- Consider contactless delivery by pre-packaging treats and setting them out to grab
When planning Halloween costumes, parents are reminded that children’s costumes should not impair vision, hearing or movement, should be flame resistant and should be bright or reflective.
The City of Killeen wishes residents a safe and happy Halloween.