Family Recreation Center
NoticeThe Family Recreation Center at Lions Club Park will reopen
Monday, May 18, with modified hours and operations. The center closed in March
due to the COVID-19 situation, and its reopening is in compliance with state
orders and federal guidelines.
Operating hours will be Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 12:30 to 5 p.m. and closed Sunday. Entrance and exit will be controlled to ensure capacity limits and social distancing standards are maintained. Members will be guided through new entrance and check-in processes.
Locker rooms, showers and water fountains will be closed, but restrooms in the lobby will be available. Daycare services are suspended, and the aerobics room will be closed. The basketball courts will remain closed to recreational and sports play.
Fitness classes have been relocated to the Lions Club Park Senior Center with a revised schedule to allow cleaning between sessions. Social distancing and class size restrictions will be in place.Members should be advised of the following requirements:
- 75 patrons are allowed in the facility at one time
- Employees must wear a face covering when interacting with the public or are interacting with co-workers where 6 ft. distance cannot be achieved
- Patrons 10 years and older must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the facility, and where 6 ft. distance cannot be achieved. Patrons not wearing a face covering upon entering and exiting will be forced to leave the premises
- Patrons that present a doctor note stating that wearing a face covering poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk are exempt from wearing a face covering
- Patrons do not need to wear a face covering when engaging in exercise or physical activity to include but not limited to cardio workouts, lifting weights, or walking the track
- Patrons may enter locker rooms and utilize showering facilities. Patrons are to maintain a 6 ft. social distance
- Patrons must maintain a 6 ft. distance from others while working out
- Patrons are to follow a self-directed fitness routine. Personal training, spotters or buddy/team workouts will be allowed as long as patrons maintain a 6 ft. distance
- Patrons must use the disinfectant wipes provided throughout the facility to sanitize equipment before and after use
- Basketball courts: Basketball courts will be open for self-directed fitness routines to include but not limited to running, walking, or sprints. Basketball, volleyball, and pickleball play will be prohibited
- Fitness classes: Patrons may attend fitness classes located at the Lions Club Park Senior Center. The maximum occupancy is 35. Patrons must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the building and interacting with others where 6 ft. distance cannot be achieved. Patrons may remove their face covering when participating in physical activity and stand on the 6 ft. markers taped on the floor. Patrons must wear a face covering immediately after participating in physical activity or when physical activity of a 6 ft. distance cannot be achieved
- Daycare: Daycare worker must wear a face covering when interacting in the public or are interacting with co-workers where 6 ft. distance cannot be achieved. Children ages 10 and older must wear a face covering
Staff will be performing increased cleaning to sanitize frequently touched surfaces. They will also wear masks and gloves to protect themselves and patrons.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, members should anticipate adjustments to programs and processes to maintain compliance and protect the public health.
The Family Recreation Center is located at Lions Club Park, 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop. In addition to the center, the park features a hike and bike trail, playgrounds and outdoor fitness amenities that remain open. More information is available at KilleenTexas.gov/Parks.MEMBERSHIP FEES
All membership fees are due at the time of registration. Members have the option to sign up for auto-renew or pay at the time of expiration. Members are given a seven day grace period to renew their membership, if not enrolled in auto-renew. If members do not renew within seven days they will not be allowed access to the facility.
Membership cancellations must be received in writing: Application for Refund/CancellationNew fees effective October 1, 2020:
Annual Membership Fee
|Family (2 adults 2 children)||$460|
Monthly Membership Fees
|Family (2 adults 2 children)||$45
daily pass $5.00
All transactions are final, no refunds.
Pickleball open gym
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Pickleball Rules & Guidelines