When to call 911

If you need immediate police response to a problem, or the problem is in progress, please contact the Police Department by telephone.

In case of an emergency call 911

For issues that are not life and death please call (254) 501-8800.


We understand that sometimes people are hesitant to "get involved". We would like to assure you that we will keep your suspicions confidential. However, if you would like to remain anonymous you may submit your information via Bell County Crime Stoppers at (254) 526-TIPS = (254) 526-8477.

The Texas Department Of Public Safety is the state agency tasked with being the collection point for information regarding suspected terrorism activity. The Texas Intelligence Center's website is the place to report suspect terrorist activity. Their website can be reached via the link below:

Texas Intelligence Center

 Reporting a crime

There are a number of ways to report a crime. If you have a life or death emergency, please call 911. If you wish to report any other type of crime you may call (254) 501-8800. You may be able to file the report by phone. In some cases you may need to come to the police station or have an officer dispatched to your location.

It is very important to report a crime as soon as possible. This will improve the odds of solving your case. To make filing the report faster, please have all pertinent information regarding the crime available when you call. This will make it easier to assist you.

Reporting Suspicious Activities

The Killeen Police Department welcomes and encourages citizen involvement. To make your neighborhoods a safe and pleasant place to live we need your help. If you have reason to believe that someone is involved in criminal activity please contact us. You may contact the Police Department at (254) 501-8800.

To notify Killeen Police about suspicious activity, please click the link below:

Email The Killeen Police Intelligence Unit

 Auto Theft Reporting

Please download and use the KPD UUMV Pamphlet for any incident where your vehicle was taken or kept without your permission by a person that had prior authority to drive the vehicle. These persons include circumstances such as rental cars, friends, dating relationships or other circumstances that the person had or presumed to have had permission to drive the vehicle.

KPD UUMV Pamphlet