Parade entries being accepted through Nov. 30
The 58th annual Killeen Christmas Parade will be held Saturday, December 11th at 1 p.m. in Historic Downtown Killeen. The deadline for parade entries will be Nov. 30.
The parade theme is, “On Ice,” and participants are encouraged to incorporate it in their displays. The parade will feature Santa Claus on a firetruck, reindeer in a corvette and Fort Hood’s cavalry horse unit among many others.
Floats, decorated vehicles and marching, walking or performing groups are welcome. Parade entrants may elect to be judged in the categories of best non-profit, best commercial or best entertaining group. Entrants may also participate without competing.
The parade entry form and complete rules and regulations are available online at KilleenTexas.gov/REC. The completed entry form, announcer script and $25 entry fee must be received at Killeen Community Center by 5 p.m. on November 30.
The parade will start on W. Avenue D and end at W. Avenue B and College Street. The full map of the route can also be found at KilleenTexas.gov/REC.
*There are also several other holiday events hosted by the City of Killeen’s Recreation Services Department, including:
- Holiday Market and Christmas Celebration: Dec. 2 from 5pm-8pm; Lions Club Park
- Jingle Bell Dash: Dec. 4 at 8 am; Andy K. Wells Hike and Bike Trail
- Letters to Santa: Through Dec. 13; Family Recreation Center
- Christmas Toy Drive: Through Dec. 13; Family Recreation Center
- Outdoor Decorating Contest: Registration is Nov. 29 - Dec. 10; Voting is Dec. 11-15