KILLEEN, Texas (July 27, 2022) – The Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) would like to meet with Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (ACDBEs) that want to do business at the airport during an Open House on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 10a.m. in the airport’s main conference room.
The GRK ACDBE Open House is for all certified ACDBE firms, existing and future airport concessionaires, and other parties interested in doing business with Killeen–Fort Hood Regional Airport. The Open House will include information about our updated ACDBE Program, ACDBE Goals and future airport concession opportunities
The Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) has updated the ACDBE program for fiscal years 2023 – 2025 in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 23.
The Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) is a public use primary airport and has received federal funds authorized for airport development after January 1988 (authorized under Title 49 of the United States Code).
It is the policy of the City of Killeen to ensure that ACDBEs as defined in Part 23, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in concession opportunities. It is also the policy of Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) to:
1. Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of opportunities for concessions by airports receiving DOT financial assistance;
2. Create a level playing field on which ACDBEs can compete fairly for opportunities for airport concessions;
3. Ensure that our ACDBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. Ensure that only firms that fully meet this part’s eligibility standards are permitted to participate as ACDBEs at our airport;
5. Help remove barriers to the participation of ACDBEs in opportunities for airport concessions at our airport; and
6. Provide appropriate flexibility to our airports in establishing and providing opportunities for ACDBEs.
In accordance with Section 23.43 of 49 CFR Part 23, “Participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise in Airport Concessions,” all ACDBEs and other related organizations are asked to send a representative to the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK), Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Open House on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 10a.m. at the Killeen–Fort Hood Regional Airport Main Conference Room (3rd Floor, Administrative Offices), 8101 Clear Creek Rd. Killeen, Texas 76549.
More specifically, airport representatives would like to meet with ACBDEs in the market area of the 11 counties which surrounds Bell County and the Killeen-Fort Hood MSA which include the counties of Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Gillespie, Hays, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis, and Williamson.
Please RSVP today and share this information with other ACDBE businesses that might be interested in working with the Killeen – Fort Hood Regional Airport. To RSVP, call (254) 501-8700, extension 4.