KILLEEN, Texas (August 23, 2022) – The City of Killeen recently presented checks to nine nonprofit youth organizations, which were awarded grants for the Youth Organization Assistance Program through the American Rescue Plan Act.
The recipients were (listed with organization representative):
- Hope Restoration, Louvinia Cole
- Central Texas Junior Grey Wolves Youth Sports Association, Justin Hartsfield
- Killeen-Cove Chiefs Youth Sports, Dale Seitter
- Songhai Bamboo Roots Association, Darlene Golden
- AYADD Outreach Center, Sandra Minor
- CASA of Bell and Coryell Counties, Kevin Kyle
- Educated Angels, Sibyl Sheppard
- Garden Hope of Central Texas, Tina Capito
- Church of the Deliverance, Pastor James Shackleford
Each applicant was limited to a maximum of $10,000 and had to meet nine eligibility/qualifying requirements. The grant assistance is provided to enable continue to provide youth programs.