- Public Works
Major Road Construction Updates
The City of Killeen wants to update the community on major road construction projects. Please check out our flyer to get the status of:
- Bunny Trail
- Stagecoach Road
- Gilmer Street
- Watercrest Road
- Willow Springs Road
*Full story: https://www.killeentexas.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1331
STANDARD WEEKLY GARBAGE SERVICES
The City of Killeen is divided into four geographical areas. Each of these areas has an assigned garbage collection day, either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. See map.
THE public works OFFICE IS OPEN WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES IN PLACE. THE PUBLIC IS ENCOURAGED TO CONDUCT BUSINESS BY PHONE, EMAIL AND WEB TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE.
The Public Works Department is dedicated to providing the Citizens of Killeen with:
- Capital improvement projects planning and administration
- Quality engineering, planning, and land use services
- Solid waste services
- Street and traffic maintenance
- Utility systems
The Public Works Department is dedicated to providing the citizens of Killeen with quality infrastructure systems and orderly planning and development.
- The Engineering Division provides plan review and inspections services for development and city-sponsored projects.
- The Environmental Services Division administers the State-required storm water discharge permit. It is responsible for the development of the city’s Storm Water Drainage Master Plan and for implementing a drainage capital improvements program.
- The Transportation Division is responsible for the maintenance of the city’s streets, sidewalks and drainage ways.
- The Solid Waste Division has four divisions: residential collection, commercial collection, recycling services, and transfer station. The Solid Waste Department is responsible for all aspects of garbage collection and disposal.
- The Killeen Recycling Center accepts materials for recycling and operates the subscription Residential Curbside Recycling Service.
- The Water and Sewer Division is responsible for maintaining the city’s 800+ miles of water and sewer mains; water tanks and towers; sewage lift stations; and fire hydrants. The department is responsible for the delivery of potable water to the customer and collection of wastewater to the treatment plant.
BOIL WATER AFTER ACTION REVIEW
Boil Water Notice INFORMATION
- Oct. 2021 Daily Water Test Reports (PDF) - Routine BAC-Ts and special BAC-T's required when a BWN is issued, or when new infrastructure is tested prior to going into service. (PDF)
- Quarterly testing Results:
1st Quarter (PDF)
2nd Quarter (PDF)
3rd Quarter (PDF)
4th Quarter (PDF)