City of Killeen opens ARPA grants for new start-ups and existing small businesses
KILLEEN, Texas (Feb. 1, 2022) – Today the City of Killeen began accepting applications for grants for start-up businesses in north Killeen and downtown, as well as for existing, small businesses throughout the city. $1 million has been allocated to the North Killeen Downtown Start-up Program and the City of Killeen Small Business Relief Program through the American Rescue Plan Act.
The North Killeen Downtown Start-up Program
- Aims to build stronger communities and allow more access to economic opportunities in areas disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Funds are encouraged to be used to reduce these disparities and create stronger neighborhoods
- No limit on the amount that can be requested
- There are four eligibility/qualifying requirements (see FAQ sheet)
- Apply at KilleenTexas.gov/Downtown
City of Killeen Small Business Relief Program
- Small businesses who experienced financial hardships because of the coronavirus and are in need of assistance to stabilize and minimize additional adverse economic impacts
- Businesses can request up to $10,000
- There are seven eligibility/qualifying requirements (see FAQ sheet)
- Apply at KilleenTexas.gov/CommunityDevelopment
Applications, as well as frequently-asked questions and eligibility requirements are listed on the links provided with each grant. They are also both listed on our City site at http://www.killeentexas.gov/552/COVID-19. Applications will remain open until all funds are allocated. Non-profits, publicly traded companies, and franchises are not eligible under these categories. Non-profits may be eligible for other City of Killeen American Rescue Plan Act funds to be announced at a later date.
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) encourages funding to be used for significantly impacted industries such as the tourism, travel, hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. Businesses focused on creating cultural, artistic, entertainment or culinary opportunities may qualify for additional points.