Employment with Killeen Fire Department
The City of Killeen Fire Department does not accept applications through commercial employment agencies such as "Indeed". The provided link on our web page is THE ONLY valid website where applications can be submitted.
Future test dates
Next test/application information will appear here in February 2024.
Applicants can directly purchase a Candidate Preparation Manual and/or a Practice Test HERE Version OptionsEmployment with Killeen Fire DepartmentHeadline.
A brief description of each product is provided below.
Candidate Preparation Manuals - $5
Includes detailed recommendations on important concepts, such as the most effective test-taking strategies and methods, specific information about CPS HR test forms, and what to expect on the day of the test administration. Also includes several practice questions covering each section of the test, along with helpful tools, like a sample answer sheet and template test instructions for candidates to prepare before the day of the test.
Practice Tests - $15
Simulates full-length versions of CPS HR tests and have been designed to replicate the look and feel of test-day material. Contains practice items across the same sections contained in our test forms. When candidates have completed the online practice exam, they will receive a breakdown of their scores by section. (Candidates will not receive a list of the questions and answers.) In addition, candidates can re-take the exam one additional time at no cost.
Contact Information to provide to candidates for technical support:
CPS HR –CRC
M-F 8am-5pm (PST)
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 18 years but not older than 36 by the date of hire
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License without record of suspension or revocation in any State by date of hire
- Must obtain fire certification within the 1st year of employment
- Must obtain Paramedic certification within 3 years of employment
Benefits & Incentives
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Great Pension
- Paid Paramedic School
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bilingual Pay
- $3,600 Paramedic Incentive per year
- Up to $1,200 EMT Incentive per year
- Up to $50 per day for Ambulance Shifts
- $100 HAZMAT Technician Incentive per month
- $100 ARFF Incentive per month
- $50 Engine Driver Incentive per month