Employment With Killeen Police Department
Thank you for your interest in joining the Killeen Police Department. We encourage all qualified persons to apply for sworn and non-sworn positions. As a member of the department, you will be working in a very diverse and growing city, and you will have many opportunities to develop an exciting and rewarding law enforcement career. The Killeen Police Department (KPD) has its own Police Academy for police officers, and it is not open to the general public to enroll in.
In order to become employed with the department, interested and qualified persons must apply online at City of Killeen Jobs. Applications must be completed online and are available only during hiring cycles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Killeen Police Department is committed to hiring a well-qualified workforce that reflects the diversity within our city. We have prepared an Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report (PDF) outlining our strategy to attain this goal. For more information regarding employment with the Killeen Police Department, please contact the Recruiting Office:
Officer Wilson Lopez, Recruiter
Officer De'Vonte Johnson, Recruiter
INCENTIVES & TRAINING
KPD Minimum Requirements
Applicants for employment with the Killeen Police Department for the position of Police Officer shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and be able to competently read and write the English language.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a General Education Degree (GED).
- Must possess a valid Texas Class C drivers license upon hiring.
- Must have a minimum of 30 college semester hours from an accredited college or university, maintaining a minimum of “C” in each course counting toward the minimum thirty-hour requirement. The only exceptions to the college hour requirement would be to allow the following licensing and/or experience to substitute for the thirty-hour minimum:
- A current Texas licensed peace officer.
- Honorable discharge after two years of active duty experience in the military service of the United States of America. If using military experience to qualify, a DD Form-214 must be submitted to the Human Resources office by the last workday of the month prior to the first day of the police academy.
- Must possess a minimum of a Basic Jailer Proficiency Certificate recognized from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Preference in hiring may be given to any TCOLE Licensed Officers.
Want to learn more?
Enter your information below if you would like more information about joining the Killeen Police Department.